I am an electrical and electronics engineer, and have worked in a range of design, planning, analysis and testing roles across the transmission, distribution and generation sectors of the Queensland electricity industry. I am now working on HF radio communications systems.
My experience encompasses communications and power systems, providing me with key skills required for the design, implementation and testing of smart grid applications. I provide a bridge between the theoretical aspects of advanced network systems for industrial and substation automation and the practical needs of asset owners and operators. I have the ability to take the complex and distill the salient points for operator training and asset management. For further details please review my Research and Publications pages on this website.
- Senior Engineer–Systems Engineering, Boeing Australia
- Visiting Fellow, School and Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Queensland University of Technology
- Principal Engineer Technology Innovation, Ergon Energy
- Editor (Substation Automation), IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, May 2014-October 2016
- Variety of roles in the electricity transmission, generation and distribution sectors.
- Design of electronic instrumentation (hardware and firmware) for power quality and high voltage condition monitoring applications.
From 2014 to 2016 I operated Ingram Technology that specialised in providing substation automation and timing advice, leveraging my research experience. Due to a number of factors, this business is no longer operating.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Engineering with First Class Honours (Electrical & Electronic), University of Canterbury
- Master of Engineering (Electrical & Electronic), University of Canterbury
- Doctor of Philosophy, Queensland University of Technology