Power companies in Australia tend to keep their information close to their chests. There are however a number of good places to obtain useful information. Here are links to spatial data, load data, and network data.
Energex data is available as of 4 March 2019.
Ergon Energy (Queensland distribution network)
Energex (Queensland distribution network)
- Operating renewable power generation
- Proposed renewable power generation
- Electricity transmission lines
- Electricity transmission substations
- Power stations
Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO)
- Registered participant list (detailed generation info)
- Transmission ratings (transformers and lines)
- Generator carbon intensity
- HV system operating diagrams (detailed feeder and line information)
Zone substation load data
Distribution Network Service Providers are required to provide 10 years of load data to interested parties. Some charge for this, others require a form to be completed and others allow direct download.
Australian Capital Territory
- Evoenergy (ex. ActewAGL) direct download
New South Wales
SA Power Networks direct download
- TasNetworks form required